Friday, March 7, 2014

Review for If I Were King by Randa Handler

This is my review for If I Were King and the opinions expressed are my own and were in no way influenced by anyone else.

I don't normally read or review children's books, but this one caught my eye.  I liked the artwork and the fact that there was an elephant included in the story might have been a bit of an influence.  When you have a 3 year old who loves all things elephants, you're always on the lookout for books that have elephants too!

The story was a good one, though a little bit above my 3 year old's head.  She definitely didn't understand the moral of the story, but she loved the pictures.  The story flows, so it is one that you can read to a toddler or young child and they are able to stay interested, especially if you take the time to stop and explain what's going on.  The lesson is also a good one.  Finding who you are, becoming comfortable in your own skin, listening to the little voice inside you.  Things that sometimes we grown-ups forget or take for granted.

Cute pictures, good story and good lesson.  What happens when a Zebra and a Lion change places?  Take a chance and read it for yourself and share it with a young person in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment