Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Review for Daisy Chain by Nancy Morgan

This is my unbiased review for Daisy Chain by Nancy Morgan.  The opinions expressed are entirely my own and were in no way influenced by anyone else.

I don't normally go for short stories, I've always been more of a novel gal.  I picked up this book purely based on the premise.  It's something that most of us have either done as kids or as a party game.  Taking the ending line of the story before to start the next story.  You have to build the story around just a few words.  And the collection of stories truly comes full circle because the beginning of the first story is also the ending of the last story.  I really enjoyed this collection.

I really enjoyed most of the stories.  There were a couple that didn't really appeal to me as a person, but I think it's more because of my taste than the writing or the story itself.  Each story was filled with good characters and a good plot.  Even in the limited space of the short story, the author was able to quickly draw me into each story and I was left satisfied each time and looking forward to the next story when I saw that last line.

I would recommend this to anyone who likes short stories but also to anyone wanting to experience something a little different from the everyday novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment